Our Safety Story
We have proudly worked
without a lost time injury
I would like to congratulate all staff of The Hills Shire Council for reaching
a significant milestone, recently surpassing our record of 119 days without recording
a Lost Time Injury.
This achievement recognises the proactive involvement of all areas of the business
including executive managers, managers, coordinators and staff to initiate safety
in the workplace as a priority.
This is reinforced with programs such as effective return to work plans and goals
and the ability of the organisation to source alternative duties for injured employees
during their rehabilitation process.
Well done and congratulations.
At The Hills Shire Council our goal is to prevent all work related injuries and
Our staff proactively care about their own safety and the safety of others in the
We will manage all our activities with concern for people and their safety first.
Click here to view our Safety Principles
- Consider safety when planning tasks or works
- Site Visits
- Risk Audit
- Openly invite and participate in discussions around safety
- Toolbox Meetings
- Team Meetings
- Know safety procedures and report incidents immediately
- Do you and your staff have training?
- Do you and your team know the procedure for reporting incidents?